Saturday, September 14, 2013

~*~ 230 Friends ~*~

That's what my Facebook page says ... two hundred and thirty friends. To be more precise, it should read 230 friends, relatives, neighbors, acquaintances, and a few interesting people I've never met in person.

I have lived in at least 10 different locations in Minnesota; 2 areas (4 houses) in Haiti; a church dormitory room one summer in Jamaica; 2 apartments and 1 house in Charlotte, NC; and now I'm settled in Tobaccoville, NC. I don't really expect to move again ... but one never knows. My family is spread from sea to shining sea, so, although I've met most of them, I don't know very many of them in a close, personal way.

Enter, Facebook. Two hundred and thirty friends! I have reconnected with friends and relatives who live far, far away; I have learned more about friends who are not so far away but with whom the busy-ness of life makes "bonding" difficult; and I even have a few new friends whom I have never met personally, but whose stories I enjoy. Yes, there are many who never post on Facebook and who never comment on my too-many posts, but if I "see" them, I make an effort to share a smile or a thought with them.

These preceding paragraphs have been, I'm sure, an extremely interesting and enlightening prelude to the photos that follow. A "real" friend from Charlotte came to visit for a couple of days and we had a delicious time together.
Mom Edith and Carolyn at Fleming's Market in Cana, WV

Sister-in-law (and friend!) Pat pointing out the peaches.

Tractors are a part of my life these days.

Virginia-Carolina Enterprises. Beautiful flowers and all kinds of produce.

Pat and I each bought a peanut pumpkin, supposedly the best for a pumpkin pie. We'll see.

Carolyn and I went to the Stokes County Fair in King.

Young and old came down this slide on a gunny sack, laughing all the way.

Carolyn conversing with the sheep.

I asked Carolyn to take a picture of me by this '58 Oldsmobile 88. A friendly Marine joined me :)

Instead of "fair food" we went to Pizza Hut.
Bottom line: 230 Facebook friends ... positively delightful;
living, breathing family and/or friends close enough to hug ... PRICELESS!

3 comments:

  1. Friends(and family) are such a blessing! Looks like you made some precious memories with both.
    I love you and am so proud to call you friend and sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous Friend, Thank you!I love you, too :)

      Delete