Friday, January 13, 2012

~*~ Oh, Woe Is Me ~*~

I'm pretty good at feeling sorry for myself. I don't know where that comes from (because I have actually lived quite a lovely life) but it's true. The Bible says we shouldn't think more highly of ourselves than we ought (Romans 12:3), but I think its overall message implies that we shouldn't think too lowly of ourselves, either.

My mom told me about a friend of hers who writes it like this: "Oh, whoa is me." We laugh at that and, if we happen to be IMing one another, whining about some little thing, one of us will certainly type in, "Oh, whoa is me."

This morning during chores, while stewing about the state of my life and lots of inconsequential junk, I thought, "Oh, whoa is me." And, ding ding ding, a personal lesson popped into my head!

I know nothing about horses, but I've seen a movie or two. I know that you get a horse to stop by saying, "WHOA!" And when I start feeling sorry for myself, thinking "woe is me," then my day, my life stops! I'm wallowing in Pilgrim's slough of despond. I'm stuck.

In those same movies, one gets a horse to move by saying, "Giddyup!" How am I to get out of these murky, stagnant waters? I'm gonna have to giddy my butt up and get outside for some fresh air; or giddy some groovy music up on the stereo and sing & dance around the room; or giddy my Bible up from the table and read truth instead of believing the lies.

This afternoon I giddy my doggie up into the tub and gave her a bath. Then I giddy my 'puter up and wrote a silly blog. I'm feeling better.

Thanks for reading!
Giddyup!!   

2 comments:

  1. Maybe "giddyup" means you should get giddy. Watch a silly movie or find a goofy clip on YouTube. ;)

    ReplyDelete